Pet Sitting Our Feline Friends & Play
As a professional pet sitting company one of our daily “jobs” is playing with cats and dogs. While dogs are cute, perhaps nothing compares to cats when they’re playing. Their athleticism, exuberance, intensity and stealth is just hard to beat.
Needless to say, play behavior in cats is a sign of a healthy happy cat. When you see your cat starting to get playful – be prepared. Your cat needs you to play with them in order to be fulfilled. Playing with your cat allows them to:
- Marshal their energy in a concentrated, controlled way which is good for their mental acuity.
- Allows them to participate in natural, instinctive activities.
- Gives them aerobic exercise which allows them to maintain a healthy weight.
- Allows them to burn up pent up energy from being inside.
- Releases positive endorphins that help them feel good.
- Reinforces the social bond between you and your cat.
- Is interesting and fun for both you and your cat.
- Is emotionally, physically and mentally stimulating and enriching.
Be creative when you play, and make sure you set aside time for your cat. Likewise, put away toys when not in use to heighten interest when you play. You’ll be surprised how regular play will help your cat – and give you much needed laughter and smiles!
Contact us today if you are looking for a loving, professional pet sitting service. See what our clients are saying about our professional pet sitting team. Our mid-day play visits are a perfect way to enrich your cat’s life and make them healthier and happier.